Career Opportunity: Podcast Host
SecureMac seeks a positive, motivated individual with a willingness to learn and a passion for educating others as an on-air personality and co-host of our podcast, The Checklist by SecureMac. This is a part-time position.
The Checklist, hosted by the esteemed Ken Ray and core members of the SecureMac team, is a weekly podcast series targeted towards the average computer user. Our goal: provide interesting, accessible information and news related to issues of security and privacy. Through the discussion of topics both related to Apple hardware as well as broader issues such as the Internet of Things and safe browsing habits, The Checklist aims to empower users to take a proactive stance towards their safety online.
The Podcast Host will be responsible for co-developing creative podcast content. The Podcast Host will collaborate with other members of SecureMac to design timely and educational stories for our audience of Apple users. A successful candidate will have a natural talent for finding the key messages within technical stories and distilling them into everyday language so they can be understood and translated for our listeners. The podcast is recorded and published once a week, so this is intended as a part-time position.
- Co-host a dynamic, informative, and fun podcast about computer and cyber security issues.
- Conduct research on new security issues and develop stories which translate very technical and complex issues into educational and understandable podcast content.
- Actively participate in social media activities.
- Arrange show notes and ensure they are posted in the appropriate channels.
- Collaborate with other members of the SecureMac team for content and podcast material.
- Positively contribute to the voice and brand of The Checklist podcast.
- Public speaking experience; prior podcast or other broadcast experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to present a genuine and likeable personality on-air.
- Working knowledge of IT, networking, security, and privacy.
- Journalism or Communications background preferred.
- Strong data organization and research skills.
- Comfortable working with expert professionals.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to multi-task, priority, and work under deadlines.
- Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
To apply, please send an email to Careers@SecureMac.com with your resume and a brief description of why you would be a good fit for this position.
SecureMac is a leading provider of software-based security and privacy solutions for Apple products. Learn more.